The two windows on the south side of the sanctuary are also the work of Archibald Nicholson. The upper window of 1926 is a memorial to Effie Cole who worked with ‘waifs and strays’ in the parish and shows St Catherine of Alexandria; the lower one of 1925 is a memorial to Amy Edwards who cared for the church’s ornaments and linen and depicts St Helen. The choice of St Helen is an acknowledgment of the fact that the church and much of the parish was built on land belonging to the St Helen’s estate, at one time the property of Colonel Morgan, which in turn took its name from a long demolished medieval chapel.
This week's services
Sunday 20 September
9.30 am. Mass (limited numbers – advance notice required – see main page for details)
Please remember that face masks are now required
This week’s weekly bulletin can be found under the News tab