This week’s weekly bulletin can be found under the News tab
We’re delighted to announce that St Gabriel’s will once again be open for Sunday Mass after 9 November
Current restrictions must still be observed:
- Enter the building through the door in the glass link and exit through the north door and when inside observe the signs for moving around the building.
- Use the sanitising gel on entering and leaving the building.
- Singing, chanting and the use of wind instruments is not allowed, so we will be using devotional music via our Public Address system.
- Please sit on the pews only on the spot marked by the tape. This is important as it means the social distancing rules are observed; couples or families/people from the same household can sit together on the seats in the south aisle. A sides-person will direct you to a seat.
- The Blessed Sacrament of Holy Communion will be administered at the front of the Nave in one kind only-the Host (the consecrated Bread). The churchwardens will direct you when it is your time to come forward to receive the sacrament. As you line up please maintain social distancing. When you come to the priest please extend your arms and keep your hands as flat as possible. The Host will be dropped into your hand and the priest will not say ’the Body of Christ’ at this point on order to avoid any possible contamination. After receiving please return to your seat by turning either right or left (depending on which side of the Nave you are sitting) and moving down the north/south aisle back to your seat.
- If you are leaving collection – envelopes or cash – there will be a plate at the back of the church for you to place your offering as you come in to the building
- Mass booklets and Weekly Readings sheets will be on the table next to the double doors through the screen into the Nave. Please pick them up and afterwards either take the Weekly Readings sheet home with you or bin them on the way out; place the Mass booklet in the box provided.
- After Mass please leave directly; in order to minimise risk it’s safer to chat outside – whilst socially distancing of course!
- Because of social distancing we are limited in the number of people we can accommodate in our church building. If you intend to be at Mass would you please let Keith Rogers know by phone – 578097 – or by email if you want to attend. Many thanks-and welcome back!
- A record of those attending needs to be kept in the event of the need for contact tracing. The record will be destroyed after 21days.